Tuesday 18 May 2021

Trust in the Lord to guide you …

Grace Konrote

It can be challenging when a baby is born during the pandemic period. For me it has been a huge learning experience. I appreciate that we all make mistakes. However, the most important thing is not to give in to depression but to move on in life trusting in the Lord to guide you.

As I hold Israel close to my heart I am encouraged by Psalm 143 Verses 7 and 8: “Come quickly, Lord, and answer me, for my depression deepens. Don’t turn away from me, or I will die. Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.

I know that eventually things will work out between two people. God is so good and I am so glad things are being worked out very constructively. In life one has to always trust in the Lord

What is challenging for me though is the Corona Virus is deadly and has killed millions of people around the world. This virus has stopped people from gathering together due to how quickly  it spreads. In Fiji, there has been many cases reported from the moment the first case was announced in 2020.

  As a young mom, it was a huge challenge for me during this difficult period of time because of the increasing cases that we had in my area (Makoi) and the strict orders imposed by the Ministry of Health. Since only essential work place are to be open, it was a bit hard for my family and i due to the increase in expenses because of having a baby and because of that, the risk of going out to buy essential stuffs for the family and my baby is a high priority since we're living within the red zone area.

  Despite all that I'm facing as a mom, my family and I manage to pull through during this difficult time and it also allows us to spend most of our time with each other as a family by enjoying each others company. We may have our ups and downs but as a family and with God's presence always in our lives, we always overcome such circumstances and continue to live our lives as best as we can with love.

I know that Israel Fonmanu is a strong baby and I and the family give him all the love that he deserves having been born in this extremely challenging pandemic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fiji Youths: unleashing creative approaches to serious issues

 This blog piece was originally published in the Transparency International website . International Youth Day global snapshot: young… - Tran...