Tuesday 12 September 2017

LETTER TO MUM!

by Herleen Emily
“I believe that mothers are the biggest strength in a child’s life”
Today, I pen down a letter to my companion, friend, creator, supporter, motivator and “mum.”
It is a sweet day with the sun’s rays kissing the dearest mother earth and how can I be unfortunate of expressing my feeling towards the world’s greatest mothers.

This is a letter for you mum, a letter that speaks thousands of words and expresses millions of emotions. My mother! A woman of courage, faith, spirituality, care and most importantly love. Every day I wake up and thank the lord for blessing me with an angel who is undoubtedly fearless when it comes to fighting for my right.

Ever since I woke up from the world of childhood, I came to realize what you have done or doing for me. I know I am bad at expressing my feelings but truly I love you for what you have made me today. I am a young aspiring youth who is fearless in the world of cruel yet I fear your hidings upon me.
I know I am naughty and the most over ruling person in the family but that doesn’t stop you from loving me. As a head girl of my school, I am at times loaded with work however you make it much easier for me to come home and relax.
This is a letter I am writing to you to appreciate and thank you for making me the best version of me, for letting me be the “Herleen”, for making me cross paths that none have ever crossed and most importantly for loving me unconditionally.
I know it’s not mother’s day but do we really need to allocate a day for our mothers to thank them for who they really are?
As a child I have never shied away from walking with my mum or dad and will never do such a nasty thing. I am proud to have wonderful parents who are everything for me in my life. “Let the world laugh for they are not worthy for your attention”
I know this isn’t enough but I hope this will be a lesson for many young children to not to neglect their parents for who they are. “Rich or poor, old or young, parents will always be parents.”

Personally, I have seen many children shy away from their parents in school during parents day/interview for their dressing style or any other way but what they tend to not understand is that their parents work hard to ensure that their children get the branded clothes which their parents couldn’t afford.

If you are or were one of those children who use to shy away from their parents or are currently doing the same, do you think you are doing the right thing? Think twice, think thrice and come up with an answer, if you feel guilty, you are forgiven and tell your parents that you love them but if you don’t you are not human.

C’mon children why take out a day and appreciate your mothers when you can do that every day.
Love you mum, Emily Andrews! My pillar of strength and hope!
 
 By: Herleen Emily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fiji Youths: unleashing creative approaches to serious issues

 This blog piece was originally published in the Transparency International website . International Youth Day global snapshot: young… - Tran...